"...some of the common top-of-mind topics that CIOs in this industry face include:Vendor white papers are usually about pushing their own product, so read between the lines. This one has some good info, though, so it is worth your scan.
- Patient Safety.
- Loss of cash flow from an inability to bill because the network is down.
- Unauthorized release or use of PHI from external or internal threats.
- Temporary unavailability of data to critical systems that impairs patient safety.
- Growth in the number of users with wired and wireless access devices.
- Installing the latest patch upgrades.
- Integrating new systems with legacy systems.
- Rapid identification and response to problems.
- Monitoring patient data for early signs of potential terrorist or bio-terrorism events.
- Interpreting and adopting new information technology compliance mandates."
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
I've Just Seen a Face
A pretty good white paper in Information Week from Citrix about security compliance: